Chart Your Course is a first-year seminar designed to help new first-year students in their transition to Florida State University. This work would not be possible without the effort of dedicated Instructors and Peer Navigators.
Become an Instructor
Chart Your Course Instructors serve in an important volunteer role helping new FSU students in their transition to college life. Teaching Chart Your Course will allow faculty and staff to engage with students in a small classroom setting and contribute to their academic and personal development.
- Required Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a field related to Student Life Skills and at least 20 credit hours of coursework related to Student Life Skills.
- Supervisor approval to teach the full semester.
- Average Weekly Time Commitment: 4-6 hours
- 50-minute class session
- 1-hour planning meeting with your assigned Peer Navigator
- 1 hour of class-related preparation and communication (i.e. preparing class presentation, Canvas messages, etc.)
- 1-2 hours of regular office hours
- 1 hour of grading and providing assignment feedback to students (average, varies by week)
- Teach each class with your assigned Peer Navigator
- Hold office hours and meet with students
- Grade all student assignments and communicate assignment feedback in a timely manner
- Meet with your Peer Navigator each week to plan your class sessions and discuss your students’ progress
- Attend Chart Your Course Instructor trainings and required meetings
- Required Dates:
- Interest forms submitted: Tuesday, March 3 at 5 PM
- Interest sessions (30 minutes): Friday, March 6 - Wednesday, March 11 (specific session dates and times TBD)
- Selection notifications sent: Friday, March 13
- Wednesday, March 25: Peer Navigator & Instructor Meet-and-Greet 5:30-8 PM
- Saturday, March 28: Instructor/Peer Navigator Kick-off Training 1-3:30 PM
Click Here to Submit Your Interest Form
Interest Form due Tuesday, March 3 @ 5:00 pm (EST).
Please email John Tilley at email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to discuss Chart Your Course.