Chart Your Course is a first-year seminar designed to help new first-year students in their transition to Florida State University. This work would not be possible without the effort of dedicated Instructors and Peer Navigators.
Become a Peer Navigator
Peer Navigators are volunteer student leaders who co-facilitate their section of the class and serve as a mentor for their students. If you are interested in serving as a mentor for new FSU students and developing your leadership skills, then the Peer Navigator position is a great opportunity for you! Additionally, the Peer Navigator role is a great way to gain practical classroom facilitation and planning experience.
- Required Qualifications:
- Must be an undergraduate student at Florida State University.
- GPA must be 2.75 or above.
- Average Weekly Time Commitment: 3-5 hours
- 50-minute class session
- 1-hour planning meeting with your assigned Instructor
- 1 hour of class-related preparation and communication (i.e. preparing class presentation, Canvas messages, etc.)
- 1-2 hours of one-on-one meetings with students (average, varies by week)
- Co-teach each class with your assigned Instructor
- Meet with each of your students one-on-one twice a semester
- Plan and host at least one out-of-class experience for your students
- Meet with your Instructor each week to plan your class sessions and discuss your students’ progress
- Attend all Peer Navigator trainings and required meetings
- Required Dates:
- Application closes: Tuesday, March 3 at 5 PM
- Interviews (30 minutes): Friday, March 6 – Wednesday, March 11
- Selection notifications sent: Friday, March 13
- Peer Navigator/Instructor Meet-and-Greet: Wednesday, March 25, 5:30-8 PM
- Kick-off Training: Saturday, March 28, 1-3:30 PM
- Fall Training: Sunday, August 23, 12-4 PM
Click Here to Apply to be a Peer Navigator
Applications due Tuesday, March 3 @ 5:00 pm (EST).
Please email John Tilley at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to discuss Chart Your Course.