Accessible Transporation Services are available Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Students, faculty, and staff who have mobility impairments, temporary or permanent, may be eligible to use the Florida State Accessible Transportation Services. Priority will be given to those individuals with permanent mobility impairments, and every effort will be made to accommodate those with temporary impairments.
- Potential riders must complete an application and provide documentation that supports the use of accessible transportation.
- Accessible Transporation Services is only for on–campus transportation. Transportation to and from campus is the sole responsibility of the rider.
Arranging for Transportation
- Complete the OAS application online: https://whitney.accessiblelearning.com/FSU/ApplicationStudent.aspx
- Your request must be approved in order to be eligible to utilize Accessible Transportation Services.
- You must set up a transportation request schedule through our online student portal (AIM) in order to utilize Accessible Transportation Services.
- The maximum time the van will wait for a rider is five minutes. Please be on time! If you repeatedly fail to show for a ride, you will be given verbal and written warnings, then removed from the list of eligible riders.
- No eating, drinking, or use of tobacco products in the van. Illegal substances are strictly prohibited.
- All riders must wear seat belts at all times. Riders who use wheelchairs must also use a personal seatbelt that secures them in the chair.
- The driver has the final say in any decisions made en route. Any disruptions and/or inappropriate or abusive behavior will result in the discontinuing of van services and will be reported to the Florida State Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- The university is not required to provide van transportation. Because the university encourages full participation of all students, faculty, and staff, this complimentary service is provided. All riders are encouraged to be respectful of the service and the service providers.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Florida State Accessible Van please contact:
Office of Accessibility Services (OAS) at 850.644.9566