Every college student, at some point, faces the possibility of enduring a hardship that may require withdrawal from the university.
The Withdrawal Services staff provides support to students and their families when a student’s enrollment is unexpectedly interrupted due to unforeseen circumstances (personal, family, medical or mental health reasons, and/or other crisis). Students who must leave during a current semester must officially withdraw (all classes) through the Department of Student Support and Transitions.
If a withdrawal is necessary, it is best to start with the Academic Dean of your College to discuss the implications and viability of withdrawing, as well as, any alternative academic options that may exist.
A Withdrawal Advisor will explain the withdrawal application process at its various stages, refers students to their Academic Dean and offers other University support services as needed. Students are notified of the final decision in writing and a University record of the completed withdrawal is maintained.
The Florida State University Center is located on the corner of West Pensacola Street and Champions Way. If you need directions, please visit our Contact Us page or call our office.
- FALL 2023 BEGINS
- August 28, 2023
- Administrative Cancellations (through Fourth Day of Classes) - Last Day to cancel enrollment and have fees removed (No withdrawal needed):
August 31, 2023(Updated to September 7, 2023, due to Hurricane Idalia.)
- FSU Withdrawal Process begins:
September 1, 2023(Updated to September 8, 2023, due to Hurricane Idalia.)
- Up to the Fourth Week of Classes - Students withdrawing will receive a 25% Refund Adjustment without receiving a grade. Students will be liable for 75% of their tuition and fees. Last Day:
- September 22, 2023
- Seventh Week of Classes - Last Day for students to withdraw without receiving a grade; 100% liable for tuition and fees:
- October 13, 2023
- END of Eleventh Week of Classes- Deadline for late drops for FAMU-FSU College of Engineering with Dean's permission:
- November 9, 2023
- END OF Twelfth Week of Classes. Deadline for late drops with Dean's permission:
- November 17, 2023
- Last day to officially withdraw from the University:
- December 8, 2023
- FALL 2023 SEMESTER ENDS:
- December 15, 2023
Please check with the college of your major for other important dates.
Withdrawal Services Survey
- Provide us with feedback on your experience with services provided by our office.
- Take our survey »