The Office of Withdrawal Services staff are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, but will continue to process applications online and will meet with students and families via phone or Zoom.
Please contact us by calling 850-644-1741 or emailing email@example.com.
Every college student, at some point, faces the possibility of enduring a hardship that may require withdrawal from the university.
The Withdrawal Services staff provides support to students and their families when a student’s enrollment is unexpectedly interrupted due to unforeseen circumstances (personal, family, medical or mental health reasons, and/or other crisis). Students who must leave during a current semester must officially withdraw (all classes) through the Department of Student Support and Transitions.
If a withdrawal is necessary, it is best to start with the Academic Dean of your College to discuss the implications and viability of withdrawing, as well as, any alternative academic options that may exist.
A Withdrawal Advisor will explain the withdrawal application process at its various stages, refers students to their Academic Dean and offers other University support services as needed. Students are notified of the final decision in writing and a University record of the completed withdrawal is maintained.
The Florida State University Center is located on the corner of West Pensacola Street and Champions Way. If you need directions, please visit our Contact Us page or call our office.
- SUMMER 2021 BEGINS
- Session A, B & F - MAY 10, 2021
- Session C - JUNE 21, 2021
- Session LW –May 7, 2021
- Administrative Cancellations (through Fourth Day of Classes) — Last Day to cancel enrollment and have fees removed (No withdrawal is needed):
- Session A, B & F - MAY 13, 2021
- Session C – JUNE 24, 2021
- Session LW - MAY 12, 2021
- Up to the Fourth (or summer prorated) Week of Classes - Students withdrawing will receive a 25% Refund Adjustment without receiving a grade. Students will be liable for 75% of their tuition and fees; Last Day:
- Session A - JUNE 4, 2021
- Session B - MAY 21, 2021
- Session C – JULY 2, 2021
- Session F & LW - MAY 28, 2021
- Summer prorated Seventh Week of Classes - Last day for students to withdraw without receiving a grade; 100% liable for tuition and fees:
- Session A - JUNE 25, 2021
- Session B – MAY 28, 2021
- Session C - JULY 9, 2021
- Session F & LW - JUNE 4, 2021
- Last Day to Officially withdraw from the University:
- JULY 30, 2021
- SUMMER 2020 SEMESTER ENDS:
- JULY 30, 2021
Withdrawal Services Survey
Provide us with feedback on your experience with services provided by our office.