OAS Registration Quick Guide PDF
- Apply and be accepted to Florida State University. Students with disabilities must go through the standard admissions procedure.
- Complete the online application for services and attach appropriate documentation before submitting it. If the online application is inaccessible to you due to a disability, please call our offices at (850) 644-9566 in order to be sent an application in an alternative format.
- You may apply for services at any time during the semester; however, it may take up to 10 business days to complete the accommodation registration process. Please note that accommodations are not retroactive and are implemented only on a go-forward basis, meaning that academic modifications apply only from the point the course instructor receives the faculty notification letter forward. Applications received within the last 10 class days of the semester will be processed for the following semester in which you are enrolled
- To begin the online application, you will need a valid FSUID and password. You will also need a digitized version of your documentation in an electronic format to submit with the application.
- The online application is located at: https://whitney.accessiblelearning.com/s-FSU/ApplicationStudent.aspx.
- If you do not have a electronic copy of your documentation at the time you apply for services, you can either bring it to the OAS offices in person or fax it to 850.645.1852.
- Once the application is reviewed, the student will be sent an email at their FSU student email address informing them to call and set up an appointment for an intake meeting. Intake meetings are done with the student, who must be present. Intake meetings can be conducted over Zoom, by phone, or in person.
- During the student’s intake meeting with their Accessibility Specialist, academic accommodations will be reviewed and explained.