Click this button after you have read the instructions below!
- Apply and be accepted to Florida State University. Students with disabilities must go through the standard admissions procedure.
- Complete the online application (link also given above) for services and attach appropriate documentation before submitting it.
- You may apply for services at any time during the semester, but the OAS will require at least seven (7) days to process your application and schedule the intake meeting. Accommodations are not retroactive, meaning they only apply from the point of completing the intake meeting and submitting the letter of accommodation to your faculty member. Applications received within the last 10 class days of the semester will be processed for the following semester in which you are enrolled.
- To begin the online application, you will need a valid Florida State systems log in (FSUID) and password. You will also need a digitized version of your documentation in PDF format to submit with the application.
- The online application is located at: https://whitney.accessiblelearning.com/FSU/ApplicationStudent.aspx
- If you do not have a PDF copy of your documentation at the time you apply for services, you can either bring it to the OAS offices in person or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the online application is inaccessible to you due to a disability, please call our offices at (850) 644-9566 in order to be sent an application in an alternative format.
- Once the application is reviewed, the student will be sent an email at their FSU student email address informing them to call and set up an appointment for an intake meeting. Intake meetings are done in person with the student, who must be present. Intake meetings can be conducted in person, by phone, or over Zoom.
- During the student’s intake meeting with their Accessibility Specialist at the OAS, academic accommodations will be reviewed and explained.