OAS Spring 2021 News & Information
Bookmark this page to keep up with the latest OAS announcements and events! If you have questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career to college
Please join us for the OAS "Career to College" Lunchtime Series as we focus on career transitions!
Transitioning from college to career is an exciting time filled with the joy of new adventures and hope for a brighter tomorrow; yet, it's natural to feel a little nervous during this time and to have questions about how to find the right path for you. Join the OAS as we explore the internship and job search process and answer all your questions about how the ADA and accommodations can support you in your career.
SIgn up now!
Tuesday, April 13th 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Learn how to answer employers' questions and find the answers to your questions about accommodations in the workplace.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
For more information email Shannon Bernick at email@example.com
oas Testing Center
COVID -19 Testing Lab Procedures
Keep in mind to include your extended time when scheduling exams!
Don't forget that you need to request your Faculty Notification Letters (FNL) for the current semester before scheduling a test or exam:
• log in to you AIM Student portal,
• submit the required acknowledgement forms,
• and then follow the steps to request your accommodations for each class, remembering to check the box for "alternative testing"!
If you have any questions or cannot see your classes when you log in, please contact the OAS at (850) 644-9566.
Personal Responsibility is THE best way for us to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
So… where to start? Do your part!
- Wash/sanitize your hands after touching commonly used shared surfaces or items such as door knobs/handles, books, pens/pencils…
- Use your own pen/pencil to sign documents, press buttons when making in store purchases with a card, on ATMs, vending machines, elevators, gas stations…
- Use your face masks! Especially when sharing the sidewalks with other people coming & going!
- Maintain Social Distancing… even while wearing your face masks.
- Elbow bumps are the new “handshake.”
Testing Tips, Hints ‘n Help:
- Make a study schedule and stick with it!
- Decreasing essential sleep time to cram in more study time is counter-productive. It impairs your memory and ability to focus better.